Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Run!

'Sup!

Yesterday i went on a gamesite to play a coop flash game with my cousin, and to the right in the game recommendations was a game that I hold very dear to my heart. If I have any sort of brain damage or the kind, it is most definitely because of that game.
So of course I had to play a bit of the game after I was done playing with my cousin - and today I have also been playing for some time.

 
The game is a simple flash runner game with the fitting name "Run", where you have to control a little cute grey alien-ish figure. You use the left and right keys to control your movement and use space to jump - as it is in most other flash games. In the game you pretty much have to keep yourself on the platforms without falling off which is indeed very simple. The cool twist in the game is that you can turn the 'screen' around by walking to one of the sides which gives off this 3-dimensional feeling.

Find the game here: Run

I used to play this game a while back, 3-4 years ago, and I found it very hard, but at the same time fun. I used to play it for hours everyday, so it should be fair to say that I was quite the addict. As I played it today, I didn't find it that hard - I made it to level 40 in a short amount of time. I probably still got it in me from all those hours of practise years ago ;)
I have looked through the comments though, and there are various opinions on the difficulty of the game, but if I have to say anything, it is that even though a level can be hard, it isn't impossible. There are routes that are easier than others, and after a few tries on a level, you will surely be able to figure out a good route.
I agree with many other players of the game that the respawn time is almost 'God-ish', since there is no retry screen, no long pause or anything after you fall off and die. You just respawn where the level starts, and if you're not ready, the little guy will just fall off the edge, and *plop* he's back at the beginning, and you can start again! Fast respawn time everyone!
The game isn't too fancy, as I have mentioned before, it is very simple. But to me that simpleness is what I like about the games - yes at some websites there are upgrades, but if you keep away from registering on any websites, you will pretty much be seeing nothing but a grey guy jumping on colorful platforms.


As I googled the game, I found out that there has been made a "Run 2" game, where you can choose between two kind of 'aliens' - the runner and the skater, and the sequal of the game really took a hold of the 3-dimensional look. I can't review the game much though, since I haven't actually played that much of it.

Find the game here: Run 2
 
Game credits: Programming by Joseph Cloutier, Animation and Art by Alex Ostroff. 
That was all for today!

Shia

No comments:

Post a Comment