Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sorø Regatta

Last weekend was crazy. We went to a regatta which means lots of hard work and waking up way too early. So didn't have time to write  my entry last Saturday - Sorry! I do think if I tell you a  bit about my weekend, you might better understand, why I had no time at all at hand.

This is what happened:

Thursday: Training and afterwards packing the boats. I'm still not quite familiar with the routine so it took a looong time.

Friday: in the afternoon we drove to Sorø (a danish city where the regatta was held) to unpack the boat trailer and try the water. Very confusing and challenging because my club isn't the only one who thinks it is a good idea to row on the lake before the actual race. So many, many boats! Also, the first thing I did after I began training was to row directly into some willow, right in front of every body. Embarrassing... I got home from Sorø at 9.30 in the evening, made a huge lunch pack and went straight to bed.

Picture: Peter Skafte, www.rofotos.dk
Saturday: Woke up at 5 p.m - yep, no kidding there, I seriously woke up so early. Left my house at 6 o'clock, arrived in Sorø at 7 p.m where I had to wait two hours for my race to begin. I was so nervous I thought I was going to puke. And the race was absolute crab. So basically I woke up when the sun rose just to get my arse kicked viciously four hours later. Great day... And I didn't get home until late in the afternoon, so just yay, yay, yay. Went to bed at 8 a.m, I was so tired.

Sunday: Believe it or not, Sunday I woke up even earlier, at 4.50 p.m. Left my house at half past five, arrived in Sorø half past 6 and rowed my race twenty minutes to eight. In the goddamn morning. To. Fucking. Early. But I did way better this day, even though I didn't qualify for the finals. For the next 8 hours I just wandered around doing nothing until it was time to pack things up and go home. All in all I was home at 8 o'clock in the evening. Totally wasted, with a huge minus on my sleep account but happy. All in all it was a very good experience :)


I am already looking forward to my next regatta in a month,which is even combined with a little training camp. I'll keep you guys updated!

Love as always
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment