Saturday, June 15, 2013

1# Sunday Special

Hello lovely followers!

On this dull, rainy day we thought we'd make a little extra post - a real Sunday Special!
Today's Sunday post consists of each blogger writing about their best purchase in the month of May (and if one is really cool post a picture of it).

We've got nothing else to say but: Let's get started!

***

Becca: My best purchase this month is definitely my Kindle Paperwhite! "What is such thing!? It sounds terrifying!" you may ask yourself. My answer to you is: No! It is simply an ereader designated for ebooks to be read on it. Once I was one of those persons who simply couldn't believe that you'd trade a book of paper and ink for a book made of … well … screen and electronics. But I believe I've been converted and seen the light.

The Kindle Paperwhite is fantastic reading on. Being a device with e-ink means that you don't get any headaches when reading for a long time, but also that you completely forget that it's actually not a real book you're reading on. It really just looks like paper! Furthermore the Paperwhite has lightning build in (opposite the other models of Kindles), so you can read anywhere and anytime!

It's easy, practical and I've boosted my thirst for books x 100 since I got it. Definitely worth a buy! And hey, it wasn't that expensive either actually - and neither is the ebooks. I won't ditch the hard copies of my beloved books for good, but it's a nice alternative and extremely practical.

Isn't it beautiful? And with a pink cover as well! ;)


Laura: Hello friends and acquaintances. When I was told that I had to write about my best buy of May, I knew it was gonna be a tough one since I rarely buy anything for myself, and since my birthday is in May I actually never buy anything in that month. So I’m gonna cheat and tell you about something I bought this Thursday!

Before we start you should probably know this about me: I hate shopping. I get headaches and I hate dressing rooms and mirrors and how crowded the shops are and I just – no I don’t like it one bit. So it is actually kind of a victory for me to buy any clothes since I almost always give up before I have even entered the store. But I actually found something and the thing I bought is very unlike anything I normally wear.

TADAAA:

Yes I know the picture is crap but I took it myself and since I don't possess the magical photographer skills known to be possessed by Rebecca and Freja, this is the best I could do.

I am so very fond of that shirt – or really, it’s half a shirt since it reaches just underneath my bosom and shows of my none-existent six pack (I’m working on it though) so that’s wonderful. I just really adore the contrast between the pink and the flowers and then the actual statement ‘NOPE’. It is just lovely and I adore it. Also it’s pink, so I feel like a princes and it matches my pinkish, glittery nails. I am converting to princes and this is one step of the way!

P.s I am really trying to get a regular feature out of my a** but honestly, I forget what day it is thus forgetting when to write and when to upload. I am terribly sorry.


Shia: When Sofie came up with the idea of this little Sunday feature: “Best Buy”, it took me less than a second to figure out what my best buy this month has been.
As you all might know Omegle is a website where you can meet either people who says nothing but “ASLDERP” or people who are actually pretty damn awesome. A few weeks ago I met a person of the second type, and he told me about a series called Chuck.

I watched the first episode – and was hooked already ten minutes in. Therefore – I bought the first season on DVD!


The series is about a nerdy guy named Chuck, who receives an email from an old friend. The email contains all of CIA’s secrets in images, and the data is “downloaded” into Chuck’s brain.
Two agents find him, and have to stay with him undercover for his protection. Chuck is brought on dangerous missions, but Chuck isn’t quite prepared for the secret life. And if that’s not enough, he even starts having issues in his personal life too, and has troubles seeing the line between agent life and private life.
The series sounds rather serious, but it is the exact opposite! It is hilarious. I don’t think I’ve laughed so often in one series, and I probably had a bit too much fun, because I watched the whole season in a split-second. Well, I’m recommending it to all of you out there – just watch the first episode, and you will understand.


Sofie: This month has been lovely when we talk about good purchases! But also a little pricey ... I have once again bought too many cartoons and comics. But hey, it's almost summer vacation - and I need both in order to make it the perfect summer vacation!


From left to right: My neighbor Totoro, mtmte issue 2, mtmte issue 3, and Death Jr.

I still haven't seen my neighboor Totoro or read Death Jr. - Bad Sofie. Bad! But there is going to plenty of time for that in the vacation.

I recently got really hooked on the transformers series mtmte (more than meets the eye) - I heard a lot of people talking positive about it, and since iIjust adore transformers I soon dreamed about owning the series. So I strutted down to my favorite comic store in Copenhagen and found two issues ... and of course that were not enough! So I asked if I could order the whole series, but aparently that wasn't possible. So as soon as I got home i searched through eBay - and now two more issues are on their way!

Yes, it was indeed a good month.


Freja: I went to Copenhagen to shop
with a couple of friends, and went into this store that is worth to mention in particular. I went to "& Other Stories" which is a subbrand of H&M, and sell all kinds of stuff that are very design. Clothes, shoes, bags, make-up - everything! And prices that both were expensive and cheap.
Most of all I got caught up in the make-up part of the store, and there was this make-up table where you could sit and try out the different products they had! Besides, they had put up a sink so you could get it all off again if necessary - very well thought through if I may say so. Plus they had a line of very nice products with a retro pin-up girl look I would so love to own everything of, just because of the looks!
But I ended up trying lipsticks and bought myself a very nice very red lipstick called "Melton Sunrise", which I love! And don't worry - the make-up isn't full of all that toxic stuff just because it is a chain store, for example is my lipstick without parabens.



Christine: I know this is going to sound very sad and depressing (which it kind of is) but I have been soooo busy this whole month, so there hasn't been any time to go shopping. But the positive thing is that I have made a list about stuff I want, which I thought I might share with you guys! Here you go:

  • Asports bra
  • A fancy leotard
  • Sunglasses
  • A pair of New Balance sneakers
  • A pair of Vans
  • Just a new wardrope in general
  • A Stroke-Coach, which is a fancy little thing that measures your stroke rate in your boat. Really useful but I just found out it's unreasonable expensive...

Now I've got the list, all I need to do is buy it - Let's hope i get the time soon!

***

That was all for this Sunday Special! We hope you enjoyed reading about our different purchases of May!

Love from all of us - have a lovely Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment