Saturday, June 8, 2013

Rower friends

As Rebecca said this Monday, sorry for not posting anything last Saturday. I can definitely relate to her confusion about what day of the week it is - today I caught myself wondering what day it is and getting a minor chock when I realised it was already weekend.

Apart from all the studying I have been doing this week it has actually been a rather pleasant week. The sun has been shining and I have done a lot of good workout. Yesterday I was also at the beach with my sweet rower friends, which was really so much fun. Apart from them bullying me about my body's absurd refusal of getting tanned, we had a really good time, talking, laughing, even grilling and just enjoying each others company. They are all very nice people, which is yet another positive thing about rowing. I always have this pleasant feeling whenever I've been together with them. I think the whole difference is that we all have this one thing, this one goal that demands so much of our time - Rowing. We all understand how important it is for us and it knits us together in this tight, safe community without us having terribly much in common, apart from that.

Also yesterday when I was at the beach a bird shit on be. Seriously right on my thigh. I cried. And all my so called rower friends just laughed. God I hate them sometimes. 

I think I will leave you guys now and go drown my sorrows about my insensitive friends. Also, I promise I'll try and remember my blog-entry next week

Love, love, Christine 


No comments:

Post a Comment