Monday, June 3, 2013

Your weekly dosis of musical madness

Sorry for not posting anything last Monday. I sort of lost track of the days... well, what can one do when one is on study break?! I for sure don't know! Anyway, I'm back and ready to give you your weekly dosis of musical madness! Yes! Today I'm going to talk about a musical I've never watched but listened to quite a lot the past few days!


Even though I haven't watched the musical live I couldn't help but chuckle my way through the written mock-exam I had in Danish today. Suddenly my analysis of my poems wasn't as dry and boring anymore and a ray of sunshine shone through the windows and brightened my mood x 1000.

I am talking about The Book of Mormon - a musical from 2011 by Trey Parker, Robert Lopez and Matt Bone (the creators of South Park and co-composer/co-lyricist of Avenue Q) centering around the mormon missionaries Elder Price and Elder Cunnigham who get sent to Uganda… to do their mormon-stuff. What I can gather from the songs it's about the african people, cultural differences and trying to convert them to being mormons. Also, AIDS, circumcision and a hilarious song about baptizing. (Please don't shoot me if I'm wrong!)

I don't really know that much about it actually but something tells me I need to dig a little deeper, because I am really digging the soundtrack! It. Is. So. Incredibly. Good. And. God. Damn. Catchy.

Something also tells me that the songs will be more fun when listening to them in chronological order though, so I'm going to leave you with the first song of the show ("Hello") and then I'll return soon and tell y'all about what I think of the show. When I've found a bootleg, that is or somehow magically transported myself to London. :)


Hope you have had a fabulous start of the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment