Monday, June 17, 2013

5 fabulous songs I've been humming along to the past week

And so it's apparently Monday again! How time flies - and how I wish I could just stop it, take a very long break and THEN study for my religion exam this Thursday. Unfortunately life is not that easy so here I am. Yet again. Trying my best to make sure I get a decent grade. Yay.

Since the weather is so great today (19 degrees celcius and sunny - has been a long time since it has been like that here in Denmark!) I don't want to bore you with a long post (okay, also because I really need to pull myself together and get some studying done - I'm one big procrastinator), so I want to link you to a few musical songs I've been humming along to the past week! Yay!

Magic To Do from the new musical Pippin which won a whole lot of 'em Tony awards! This song is just so uplifting and I love everything about it - we sure got some magic to do! Booya!

Kinky Boots won best musical at the Tony's, but I haven't watched it yet. However I've listened to this song quite a lot! Yay for History of Wrong Guys! (Also, Annaleigh Ashford is THE BEST and funniest human being on this planet. Period.)

Scott Alan's song Say Goodbye sung by the wonderful and extremely talented Willemijn Verkaik! (I would've linked this his song Surrender as well, but can't find my favorite version with Melissa van der Schyff... it's on Spotify though, so you can always check it out on there! And the rest of the album. It's quite phenomenal acually.)

It's Possible from Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella - a little reminder and motivation is good now and then (especially in these dreadful times of exams!)

And last but not least, 
Raise a little hell from Bonnie & Clyde! I love the aggression and the context where the song is from. It's perfect listening to when you're tired of everything and just want to sleep the day away (let's not talk about that, okay?)! 

Yay for good songs! 

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Monday filled with everything you'd like it to be filled with. I gotta get back to 'em books! 

See you next week - if I survive this Thursday's exam, that is.

Lots of love and jazz hands,
yours truly - Rebecca! 

No comments:

Post a Comment