Saturday, May 18, 2013

Copenhagen Regatta

Today I have had the most exciting, challenging, exhausting, mind-blowing, fucking awesome day in a long, long time (when it comes to rowing, that is, I do actually do awesome stuff apart from rowing...) Today, I participated in my first ever outdoor regatta, and oh Lord, it was one hell of an experience! 

The regatta was called Copenhagen Regatta and there were races for all possible ages and classes. I entered two races: A single scull beginner race and a double scull fitness race.

The single scull race a 1000 meter race for first time regatta-participators. It doesn't matter if you have sat in a single sculler four times (like me) or been rowing in a single scull for a whole season, as ling as you have never entered a race before. As it turned out my opponent was most likely the latter, and she absolutely kicked my arse. I mean seriously, I came over the finish line 45 seconds after her... But I really couldn't care less because I had so much fun which was the whole point in doing this! And my trainers were all very pleased with me, so I couldn't be more satisfied!

My second race, three hours after my first, was in a double sculler with my one of my very good friends from the club, who has rowed about as long as I have. This race was a fitness race, which means everybody can enter, no matter age or experience. Soooo, I got my arse kicked yet again, but actually not as hard as in the single sculler. Afterwards I was told that we were actually close at beating number 2! 

All things considered I couldn't have had a better day, and I am quite certain that I will be the one kicking arse at my next regatta! And after today I am extra, extra motivated for giving all I've got at practice every time!

Until we meet again

Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment