Friday, May 10, 2013

The new "Carpe Diem"



We all know it, now don’t we? YOLO – you only live once! So it sounds kind of cheesy by now, and it is often said in a humorous tone, but really, isn’t YOLO just a new way of saying Carpe Diem – seize the day? I think so. The message is the same, only the time is different (YOLO is just a little more hipster, haha). Well no matter how cheesy or abused they are, I would like to point out that a lot of people probably never really considered the importance and true message of these. Because we do only live once, and we should seize the day! So why don’t we? I believe it could be because of one of these two reasons: either we are too scared to just do what we please, the “what if”-idea, or else we are just not yet aware that we actually only get this one shot. If you are one of those persons to follow the last reason, you now have no excuse anymore! Since you have read this, you are now aware of this and should remember it every day! But no, don’t get it tattooed big time all over your body - that is not what I mean! And I don’t mean either that you have to live fully by this, like saying yes to everything you get offered. The idea is just to be aware. Consider this as a philosophy of life or maybe an ideology. It is not something that you can fully live by, but it is something that should always be in your mind, making you develop. I don’t think it is possible to live fully by this, at least I can’t myself. But I use it in my everyday choices. It is always in the back of my head, luring. When in doubt I always remember seize the day inside my head, and it always give me a little more courage to do whatever it might be. I like it, it makes my live just a little more meaningful. It makes me a little happier. So if you have the opportunity, you really should live by this, because it is so important to do what you want, while you can. No one knows what might happen tomorrow. All your choices have an importance to how your live will turn out. Do what you want and wish for, don’t forget this, don’t abuse it either, just consider.

Love, Freja

Photo: Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment