Thursday, May 16, 2013

Zombie Boy

I said in my introduction that I would talk about different subjects, and as I can see I still haven't wrote anything about tattoo's so this thursday is (if you haven't already guessed) going to be about tattoos!

Meet my idol and future husband - Zombie boy.  
 
Rick Genest (aka ''Zombie boy'') is a Canadian artist and fashion model born in Lasalle, Montreal. As you can see the majority of his body is covered with skeletal tattoos - hence the nickname ''Zombie Boy''.
 
The tattoo adventure startet when Genest, at the age of 19, visited Montreal tattoo artist Frank Lewis. Frank Lewis was responsible for the tattoo design and application of it onto body - the tattoo proces has taken over six years and cost several thousand dollars. He explains his body work to be his "anarchistic transitive pictograph verbalization to the world''.
 
He began to work at freakshows and sideshows across Canada as the living skeleton he had become. Soon the media noticed him - and his fame began to grow little be little.  
 
Suddenly he featured in ''Bizarre'' magasin and in the new Thierry Mugler Autumn/Winter mens collection, got his own facebook page with more than 1,5 million fans, was made into a scupture by the famous artist Marc Quinn.
 
They fame continued - and in  2011, Genest was featured in Lady Gaga's video for "Born This Way", with Lady Gaga wearing makeup to replicate Genest's tattoos.
_________________________________________________
 
I really love Rick Genest - I think it's incredibly brave to get your whole body redone that way and at the same time incredibly beautiful. Frank Lewis has really succeeded in creating a living work of art in the form of Genest tattooed body - I adore it.
 
There's just something people who dares to differ from society, its norms and values ​​- and I find myself constantly being drawn to it.

 
Sofie over and out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment