Saturday, May 11, 2013

Single sculler for the first time!

So it's been quite a challenging week but also a very exciting one. For the first time I was put in a single sculler and send out of the harbour - out in the big, big fjord, me all alone in the boat with no one to hold the balance for me. For the ones out there who doesn't know the tricky thing about a single sculler, let me elaborate: In a single sculler, you are only one person in the boat so the balance in the boat completely relies on you. That means, if you take one bad stroke where you lose your balance there is a good chance you will fall into the water. Which wouldn't be very pleasant at all...
My first time in a single sculler. Seriously I felt like dying being so scared...
So a single sculler is quite a big challenge for a person who hasn't gotten a very good balance (which i definitely don't have) . But I managed not to capsize (!!!!) and I did get quite good at it after a couple of days.Well perhaps not good, but better at least.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Tuesday I was out in single sculler, Friday and today I was out in a double sculler, which I am also doing tomorrow, and Monday is yet another day of training. So I am training fucking much at the moment, don't really know what's up with that... But I love every minute of it. Or, I don't think I love how my body is totally wretched and so, so tired because the past four days I have had to wake up at 6 am in the morning for an early training session and all I really want to do is sleep but I've got this damn English assignment that needs to be written and I'm so hungry but I have absolutely no food in the house..... Apart from that, I absolutely love it! It's all worth it.

I think I will this entry at that and go hunt the house for something eatable. Until we see again, love life!

Love Christine  

No comments:

Post a Comment