Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Saturday Surprise

Surprise! Five has been made into six and Saturday is now officially a day of blogging. Exciting isn't is? I am, as the other five girls, a danish student from the same class as the others and part of the same lovely group of friends. I am 17 (very soon 18!), young, wild and free and loving life - at least when it is not raining and I don't have to do my homework.

I used to be a quiet, some times a bit lazy girl, who enjoyed lying on my bed reading a good book all day or watch television. I still like to do that whenever I have the time but a little over 8 months ago my life took a quite unexpected turn. I started down at the local rowing club in my town and suddenly I found myself turning into a weirdly aggressive sports freak - me who used to hate gym class and hard physical activity. Now I train four times a week and row competitions and hope that I sometime during spring can start training six times a week.

Now you might be sitting and thinking "What the hell... Don't you have a life?" The answer to that is no - I don't have a life... I row and I row and I row, and when I don't row I think about rowing and I always look forward to the next time I can go rowing. So as you might get an impression of I don't do much besides rowing. And I absolutely love it.

Of course there are also other things which are very important to me. My friends for example mean so so much to me and whenever I have the time I try to squeeze in a few hours with them. I also love fashion and design and I did actually for quite a few years dream about becoming a fashion designer. I weave (or well, I have been trying to finish the same piece for half a year now, so...) and I just finished a sewing course. I enjoy reading, doing yoga, watching all sorts of TV series and just doing normal teenage stuff.
So as you can hear I do have lots of other hobbies! I just don't have the time to do it because I use all my time on rowing...

As you might have guessed my main focus on this blog will be rowing, sport and how to stay healthy. I will try to explain how a sport can be so fantastic that it can make you change your life completely (I don't quite know the answer myself yet, but I will try my best to figure it out - it is still a mystery to me) and I will show you why sport is so awesome. I mean, sport is hard, it hurts, it takes all your time and basically it is just pure pain. So why do I keep coming back? I don't know, but what I do know is that I love my sport - and I will try to show you just why I love it so much.

I hope you will find it interesting and if you don't, then what the hell, I'll just keep writing anyway!

With love and all that
Christine (you may also call me Sporty Spice, if you prefer that)

No comments:

Post a Comment