Monday, April 8, 2013

Thoughts from a Monday

As I sit in my bed and type this with Mumford & Sons blasting as loud as possible in my big, red earphones I cannot help but smile. Not only because of the intense use of banjo in Mumford and Sons' music (though it certainly helps!), but also because it's spring, summer is just around the corner and ... well ... okay, the banjo.

For me spring symbolizes new beginnings and a bittersweet goodbye to hot chocolate, lots of covers and a reason to stay indoors sleeping the day away. No, actually, I'm quite happy to put the kind of dark time behind me and step into, hopefully, something brighter. Maybe this blog could be that.

Each of us will have a day of the week (minus Saturday and Sunday - but who knows? Maybe something exciting will be posted there as well from time to time!) to post our thoughts on various topics and just share what we love the most if not just a little glimpse of what's actually going on in our heads.

I'm Rebecca, 18 years old, coffee-lover and 1/5 of the 5 girls running this blog. We're all from Denmark (you know, the small country beside Sweden and above Germany), friends and classmates actually! The idea of this blog came to us in the middle of a night of procrastinating and a wanting to share our diversities with the world. Because I think that's the word that will describe us the best. Diversity. Hopefully we'll be able to show all our different sides through this blog, because God knows, there's many of them.

The words that describe me best are either very obsessive or passionate. Musicals fills up a great part of my life and even though I cannot sing or play a single instrument it's something that has a special place in my heart - thus the reason for why they are going to be my main focus on this blog. I think - actually, I know - that people zones out when I start talking about it, so why not blabber on about it on here where people are free to scroll past my entry if they do not want to read it?

Musicals are not the only thing you should know about me though... I am also the proud owner of a bookshelf consisting of over 300 books (most of them unread because I am lazy and school keeps distracting me!), I lovelovelove Glee and Darren Criss, I love me some colors, Defying Gravity from one of my favorite musicals, Wicked, is my shower-song, I love being creative, cultural stuff interests me and I once saw the recording of Phantom of the Opera from Royal Albert Hall thrice in a week. I try to stay as positive as possible and oh, 'poop' might be my favorite English word whilst I hate getting called 'ginger'.

Hopefully this post gave you a better picture of who I am... and if not, let's see if I can do it better next week!

Courage and everything,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment