Friday, April 19, 2013

Looking back: Imagine dragons

Sofie, me, Rebecca
Yes that is right! It is now Friday, which means that I today will present the absolute climax of my week - and I must definitely say that it was this Wednesday!
The time that I had long waited for, had come - Imagine Dragons' concert in Denmark! I went there with my lovely friends Rebecca and Sofie (aka Miss Monday and Miss Thursday) and it was an incredible experience!

Mont Oliver
We came early and saved ourselves some good spots, and I must say that I am impressed of how much we actually were able to see. The support for Imagine Dragons (chosen by the music venue, Vega, I suppose) was a very new danish band called Mont Oliver. They played some cool beats in a mix of hiphop and indierock, and you sure felt the music - literally! The bass was pumping trough my chest and the musicians were giving it their all, still looking all cool. Mont Oliver had a very new sound I think we will hear more of in the future, especially with their first single comming out in May and them playing at the SPOT festival in Århus.

Imagine Dragons
After Mont Oliver, we waited for 30 very long minutes, hoping for Imagine Dragons to show their pretty faces any time. And our expectations were met when they stepped on stage and pulled on the h*** of a show! Very energetic they started their indierock sound with Round and Round with lights dancing, big drums beating and the crowd going wild. The audience were surprisingly dedicated, and we were singing and dancing and jumping in every single song. The band did a great job as well involving us, the audience, by dancing and encouraging us to sing along. Their party on stage sure did affect us, the audience!

Imagine Dragons
Spellbound by the beautiful voice (and body) of Dan Reynolds I got some new favourites among their songs, since I have always loved the uptempo-happy songs (Underdog and On Top of the World especially) more, but seeing the different songs live, I got a bigger love for all of them! Especially Bleeding Out and their last song Nothing Left to Say made their way to my heart! The sound was just way more beautiful live, and I loved the intense drumplaying that made an almost marching sound through most of the songs, which still is stuck on my mind by now. But what can one say? It was a wonderful experience, that I shall not soon forget!

Imagine Dragons

Freja


Pictures by Rebecca, editing by me

No comments:

Post a Comment