Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Guilty Pleasures


Last week was all about getting to know the name behind Tuesday and today is somewhat similar – I will be sharing my guilty pleasures with all of you so I can feel a little better about myself.
Of course I have a lot of guilty pleasure (I mean, who doesn’t?) and most of them – yes, you guessed correctly – revolves around food. I cannot avoid the unavoidable any longer – let’s just get this over with.

MARSHMALLOWS
I have an intense love for marshmallows that goings way beyond anything even remotely reasonable and healthy. I just love marshmallows beyond any comprehension and I judge any and everyone who doesn’t like them. How can you not like marshmallows?! What’s not to like? They are absolutely wonderful – sweet, fluffy, gooey, spongy and just utter perfection. Especially of you give them a lovely brown crust so the exterior will be all crispy and chewy and the interior will be all soft and gooey and sticky and just ooze all over the place and make a mess. And sandwiched between two chocolate covered biscuits – what more could you possibly want?

ICE CREAM
Where do I start? How do I even begin to describe this frozen wonder in all its glory? How can anyone understand the immense love I carry for this amorous dairy product? How can I, a simple 
human being, describe the amount of perfection ice cream carries? It is impossibly, dear readers. Impossible. I will never be able to convert the wonders of ice cream into words. I can’t. So I won’t even try. I’m gonna go and eat the feelings that emerged just from writing this.

BREAD
Yes bread. I know this is somewhat lame but I have this horrible habit of snacking on bread whenever I’m bored. It’s horrible and full of carbs and I don’t know how to stop. I need help. This doesn't even deserve a picture.

DIET COKE
With this one I am completely defenceless. I have basically got this stuff in with my mother’s milk. When my mum was pregnant with me she would drink this like it was some sort of ambrosia, she would just inhale it. So yes, I might get cancer but it tastes too good to put an end to it, so stop trying to make me feel guilty about it. Diet Coke and I have had a long, meaningful relationship and I have no intensions of ending it any time soon. We love each other too much.



To be completely honest, I don’t feel guilty about this at all. If you enjoy something you shouldn’t have to feel guilty about it. So what if you love taking multiple naps a day? Don’t feel guilty about something that makes you feel good. And that goes for food as well! Of course I don't eat this every day (save for the bread ... I eat that s*** all the time) but when it's available I can't help myself.
I have so many guilty pleasures beside those I have listed here but if I were to write about every single one I would never finish.

Courage,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment